1. Are there age restrictions on Experience Enthusiasts’ tours?
Travelers must be at least 18 years of age. As our tours are specially designed for adventure travel, the ideal age group is between 20s to 40s but we do welcome young at heart travelers in the 50s. Some of our activities will be strenuous, hence, it might not be suitable for senior citizens.
2. I’m not a Malaysian. Am I eligible to sign-up for the tour?Yes. Experience Enthusiasts welcomes everyone in the world that is adventure-driven and seeking for new experiences.
3. How many people will be on my tour?Great things come in small packages. We keep the group small and we will only have around 10-20 travelers for each tour.
4. Are the tours physically demanding?
Experience Enthusiasts’ tours are specially designed for adventure travel; hence, you will need to be moderately fit to be able to participate in all the activities. Our tours will involve physical activities that will enhance your travel experience rather than just dropping you off at a tourist attraction for some sightseeing. There are some challenging and strenuous activities too that will put you in a sweaty mess. If you have the right mindset, we guarantee you will have a fun and exciting travel experience. No special skills are needed for all our activities, just a sense of adventure will suffice.
5. Do I get any free time?
One of the greatest joy of traveling is to discover new experiences by ourselves. We will allocate plenty of time for you to explore by your own. Prior to your tour, we will send you an information package for you to familiarize with your travel destination and during the tour, your tour guide/leader will recommend you with various travel experiences.
1. How do I book a tour with Experience Enthusiasts?To book a tour with Experience Enthusiasts, all you need to do is to follow eight easy steps.
1. Select a tour and click the “Book Now” tab.
2. Select a tour date and click “Book Now”.
3. Fill up the tour reservation and traveler details forms.
4. Read and agree on the Terms & Conditions, check the Booking Summary and click “Confirm”.
5. Experience Enthusiasts will send you a “Booking Acknowledgement” e-mail.
6. Forward the deposit or full payment via bank/telegraphic transfer to the bank account stated in the e-mail.
7. Attach a photo of the online bank transfer transaction or a copy of the bank-in slip and reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Experience Enthusiasts will send you a “Booking Confirmation” e-mail. Once, you have received the “Booking Confirmation” e-mail, your booking is confirmed.
2. When do I need to pay the full balance?If you are booking a tour which is at least 90 days before the tour start date, you will need to pay the balance 90 days before the tour start date.
If you are booking a tour which is less than 90 days before the tour start date, you will need to make a full payment to secure a place.
3. I have booked a tour that I can no longer go on, can I get a refund?The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
After you have made the full payment, the following is the refund that you will receive if a cancellation is made.
45-59 days before the tour start date: 50% of balance
30-44 days before the tour start date: 25% of balance
0-29 days before the tour start date: 0% of balance
Total tour fee: MYR 2000.00
Deposit : MYR 600.00
Balance : MYR 1400.00
The deposit of MYR 600.00 is not refundable.
If you decide to cancel this tour after you have made the full balance payment, you will receive the following refund for this tour.
45-59 days before the tour start date: MYR 700.00
30-44 days before the tour start date: MYR 350.00
0-29 days before the tour start date : MYR 0.00
4. If I am a single traveler, will I be charged a single supplement?
All prices are based on sharing a twin room with another traveler of the same gender. If you need personal space, we can arrange a private room for you but there will be additional single supplement charges. However, there are some remote and far-flung destinations where the only available accommodation are dormitories.
5. Are airport transfers included in the tour price?
Airport transfers are included in the tour price if you arrive and depart on the flight time that is recommended by Experience Enthusiasts. If you are unable to book the recommended flight time, we can assist you on your transport options, but it will be at your own cost.
1. What type of luggage do you recommend for the tour?
We recommend a hybrid backpack on wheels which is not more than 40 liters and a total weight of less than 7kg. We also encourage you to bring a daypack for your daily usage. If you do not have a hybrid backpack on wheels, a backpack or a suitcase will suffice too.
2. What clothes and footwear should I take?
It all depends on which tour you have signed up for. We will send you an information package for you to refer prior to your tour.
3. Do I need any specialist equipment?
It all depends on which tour you have signed up for. We have got you covered for most of the specialist equipment. (e.g. rafting gears, life jackets, etc.). If there are any specialist equipment that is required, we will inform you prior to your tour. We will send you an information package for you to refer prior to your tour.
4. How safe are my belongings whilst on the tour?
Safety of all travelers and their personal belongings are of our utmost priority. However, while traveling there is always the possibility of theft. Lockable bags and money belts are recommended to keep your belongings safe. Do get a travel insurance policy to keep you insured from loss or damaged personal belongings. Do not wear fanny packs as they are a magnet for pickpockets.
5. What essential documents do I need to take?Every traveler needs to take the following items.
a. Passport if you are traveling to another country
b. Travel visa if applicable
c. Travel insurance (highly recommended)
d. Flight boarding pass if applicable
e. Experience Enthusiasts information package
We will send you an information package for you to refer prior to your tour.
6. Do I need travel insurance?
Experience Enthusiasts does not provide travel insurance in the tour price. But however, we do provide insurance for a specific activity, for example, climbing insurance for the Mt. Kinabalu climb.
We strongly encourage all travelers to purchase a travel insurance for your adventure to provide coverage against personal accident, death, medical expenses, emergency repatriation, personal liability, tour cancellation / interruption, loss of luggage and personal effects.
7. How do I find out about the visa requirements for the tour that I am interested in?
Visa requirements often change. We recommend you to check directly with your nearest embassy. However, feel free to contact us via e-mail if you have any queries on visa requirements for your upcoming tour with Experience Enthusiasts.
8. Do you help with travel visas?
Visas are dependent on your nationality and where you’re travelling. We recommend you to check directly with your nearest embassy. However, feel free to contact us via e-mail if you have any queries on travel visas for your upcoming tour with Experience Enthusiasts.
1. How much should I take in cash? Can I use my ATM or credit card during my tour?
You will not need to take much cash as the tour price has got you covered for most of the activities, accommodation, food and transportation. You can use your ATM or credit card during your tour but take note that at remote destinations, these facilities might not be available. We will send you an information package for you to refer prior to your tour.
2. Is tipping a common thing at my travel destination?
Tipping is dependent on which destination you are at. Different destinations have different tipping cultures. Prior to your tour, we will provide you with an information package to help you understand the tipping culture of the travel destination. If you are unsure and hesitant, feel free to ask your guide for tipping advices.
3. What is the best way to carry money?
We recommend various sources of access to money such as cash, ATM cards and credit cards. It is not advisable to put all eggs in one basket.
1. I have special dietary requirements. Will it be catered for?
If you have any special dietary requirements, do let us know at the time of booking. We will try our best to accommodate your requirements. At remote and far-flung destinations, there is a possibility that we will not be able to accommodate your requirements. Feel free to contact us via e-mail if you have any queries on your meals for your upcoming tour with Experience Enthusiasts.
2. What will the food be like on my tour?
One of the best ways to experience local culture is through its food. One of the key features of Experience Enthusiasts’ tours is to indulge in the local cuisine and savor culinary nibbles throughout the tour. Sometimes we do familiar cuisines too, but our main focus is on the local cuisine.
3. Are there western toilets available?
Most Experience Enthusiasts’ tours will have regular access to western toilets. At remote and far-flung destinations, some daily amenities and facilities might be limited.
4. Will I be able to do any laundry?
Throughout your adventure, there will be opportunities for you to do your laundry, either through your hotel or local services. However, just in case, do pack enough clean undies.
5. Can you provide me a list of accommodations that we are staying at?
We will not be able to provide you with the list of accommodations but we can guarantee you that we have carefully chosen all our accommodations to be of great standard, charm and style. Prior to your tour, we will send you an information package that will include the list of hotels that you will be staying at.
6. Are accommodations air-conditioned?
Most of our accommodations are air-conditioned with an exception of remote and far-flung destinations, but that’s all part of the charm.
7. What standards of accommodation should I expect?
The standards of accommodation vary throughout the tour. In the cities, our first picks will be chic flashpacker accommodations and charming boutique hotels. At remote and far-flung destinations, it might be a little Spartan (e.g. mountain huts, village stays, campsites, etc.) but that’s part of the travel experience.
8. What communication facilities will be available? Will I get internet coverage?
Most accommodations will have phone and Wi-Fi facilities. However, at remote and far-flung destinations, there might not be any internet coverage. This is your best chance to truly experience the adventure and, just sit back, relax and get to know your fellow travel mates.
9. What type of ground transportation is used?
We usually use a 15-seater van or a 25-seater bus depending on the size of the group. We will ensure that the transportation is of high-standards, safe and comfortable.
1. What if I get ill or injured on the tour and unable to continue?
All our guides are professionally-trained to handle these situations and they will seek for help as quickly as possible. If you need to return home due to an illness or injury, our team will make the necessary arrangements to ensure that you are sent back home and someone back home is aware of the situation. We strongly recommend you to purchase a travel insurance.
2. What are the medical and vaccination requirements?
Every travel destination has different medical and vaccination requirements. Prior to your tour, we will send you an information package with some general medical and vaccination requirements for you to refer prior to your tour. However, we strongly recommend you, to seek advice from your doctor.
1. Can I add an extra night on the beginning or the end of my group tour?
Yes, you can do so. Do let us know at the time of booking so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
2. Can I opt out of certain activities if I want to?
You are not obliged to take part in activities that you do not want to participate. Experience Enthusiasts will help you to make alternative arrangements. Do let us know at the time of booking so that we can make the necessary arrangements. The only exception is when we are travelling from one place to the next night’s stop. Take note that anything organized outside of the tour package will be at your own cost and Experience Enthusiasts cannot accept any liability.
3. What if I arrive late and miss part of the tour?
Do let us know if you are arriving late and we will do our best to arrange a meeting point with your travel mates. Take note that there will be no refunds for any days or activities that you had missed.
4. Can I just do part of the tour and leave earlier?
Do let us know if you are only able to do just a part of the tour and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule. Take note that there will be no refunds for any days or activities that you had missed.
5. Can I make any changes to the itinerary of my group tour, either before or during the tour?
We are unable to change the tour itinerary for individual travelers. Before you book a tour with Experience Enthusiasts, please do read the tour itinerary in the website to ensure that the tour that you are going to sign up is of your liking, and be mentally prepared for the adventure.
6. What are optional activities?
Optional activities are activities that are not included in the tour price as stated in Experience Enthusiasts’ website and brochures. Take note that Experience Enthusiasts’ cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to optional activities as it is not run, supervised or controlled by us.